Friday, December 18, 2009

Congratulations

Congratulations Little Kuriboh and Spoony on your victories in the Open Web Awards!!

Seriously I love both of your guys' work and you both deserve those awards I know I voted for both of you and often.

Any of you who are fans of mine who don't know who Spoony is well.. how to put it. He reviews shit. I mean like bad movies and video games and stuff like that but he makes it funny. I know there are alot of people who review things in a witty manner, hell I take a crack at it myself with my Outside The Otaku series, but Spoony is on a level all his own. He has a nack for film making and presentation that just works and an opinion in things quite similar to my own. I originally found his work on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com and then followed him more closely on his own page SpoonyExperiment.com. His reviews on things like Yor: Hunter From the Future were just amazingly entertaining to me. He just has this style that seems real. I know he's performing a role but it really doesn't feel like it. Not to mention his "Lets Plays" on Phatasmagoria and Final Fantasy VIII are just awesome in that MST3K RiffTrax sort of style that I loved growing up, it all almost feels nostalgic to me really. I really love the guys work and I was even lucky enough to talk to him a couple times on skype (even though he didn't have a microphone and was just typing still an honor) along with some of the other great contributors on TGWTG Sean, Angry Joe and Linkara. All who are awesome in their own right and I feel honored to know and for some even met. Anyway if you read this congrats Spoony.

And if you are a fan of mine and don't know who Little Kuriboh is... I don't know how to finish that statement cause anyone who really likes my work almost has to know him because he started this Abridged phenomenon and now that he's won this award I can say it really has taken on a life all its own.

Really man Congratulations it is an honor and a privilage to have met you and to be able to call you my friend and you deserve this award. You were a mentor for me when I was at probably the lowest point in my life. I was broken I didn't even know if I was going to be able to walk properly for the rest of my life I didn't have much and I was in such a depressive state... Alot of things happened and I just kept sinking but then late one night I saw your series. I laughed my ass off I just marathon moded through all of what you had done then. I loved it and it lead me to find more Abridged Parodies, so I found Berserk and Naruto and then I decided to try one out for myself. I started Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged and people liked it... It gave me a sense of pride and joy that I hadn't felt in so long. Thanks to your inspiration dude... you quite literally may have saved my life, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sentimental moment aside you truely deserve this Award you are an amazingly funny man both behind the mic and in person. I wish we could have actually started communication under better circumstances but hey somtimes it takes a war to bring people together. Congratulations once again, I look forward to meeting you again at what ever conventions may bring us together ^^v.

So Congratulations LK and Spoony I can't wait to see what you guys come out with next.
like

Do you enjoy the free entertainment that I provide? Then please donate so that one day maybe I can provide even more with a little bit of a budget :)


All Donations are greatly appreciated ^^v

1 comment: